Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sound Familiar?

The ability to hear is probably one of the greatest things that we as humans are able to do (aside from seeing, that is).  There are infinite combinations of sounds and things to hear that sound itself can create the landscape that we are in.  The article entitled "Acoustic Ecology" was one I found very interesting.  I feel that a main point of the article was that we should be more in tune with natural sound.  Going off of this point I would say that, while natural sounds are beautiful and help us deal with and define reality, I find more enjoyment in listening to manufactured sounds.  One prime example is electronic music.  I really like that we can create sounds and make music out of them and despite how alien they feel to us.  These sounds themselves are truly innovative.  I think that they allow us to be jarred from our daily lives and experience something new in the realm of sound an hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment