Monday, June 6, 2011

Long Take

Aight, so I had a lot of fun working on this film.  I really like the constraints of working with one take in one minute because it really forces the story to move along.  I have to say that I am really looking forward to working on postproduction and adding sound.  I feel that the audio will be able to add another layer of depth to the story that isn't present in just the image.  Processing the film by hand was also really interesting.  Our image turned out really well with rich blacks and nice contrast.  I was really surprised and pleased with how well it turned.  I really liked working with the other group as well.  It was fun to be an actor and to see their ideas in action.  I'm actually really surprised it only took 4 hours to do everything we did, considering the amount of thought that had to go into the stories and the blocking before the shoot.  I also thought it would be harder to time film to be under a minute.  I think that condensing the story into under a minute and with one take it really produces a lot of unique and interesting ideas.  Overall I had a really good time and a great day of shooting.  I think that film will really come together once we add the audio layers. I'm looking forward to finishing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment